TOSHIBA HONG KONG LIMITED (THL) respect personal data and are committed to comply the following policies and practices with the data protection principles and the relevant provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the Ordinance).
Collect / use of personal data
In order to provide customer / participant in the promotional activities held by Toshiba with our variety of sales and after sales services, the information of our latest product / promotional activities, and all related services, we have to collect your personal data such as name, contact numbers, address, fax number and e-mail address etc. (as the case may be).The use of personal data:
• Routine customer services such as maintenance or repair services;
• Handling of customer complaints and inquiries;
• Direct marketing of Toshiba products and services subject to the requirements of the Ordinance;
• Conducting customer / participant, product and service surveys;
• Matters directly related thereto.
THL must clarify that although it is not obligatory for you to provide the said personal data to us, we shall be unable to provide all or part(s) of the services/information if you fail to do so.
Transfer of personal dataWe shall keep your personal information in our secured database confidentially. However, to ensure the personal data are having regard to the purposes set out under the section " The use of personal data" above, for which the personal data are or are to be used, THL may transfer/disclose the information to:
• The subsidiaries and/or associated companies in the Toshiba Group;
• Any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides services to Toshiba Group in connection with the operation of our business;
• Any person who owes a duty of confidentiality to Toshiba Group.
Other practicesTHL assumes that all personal data provided by the customer / participant are accurate and complete. You are always welcome to update / correct us with your personal data, and/or inform us to stop sending you the promotion materials via any one the following response channels:
1. Email : email@example.com
2. Fax : 2956 1473
3. Post / in person : Suite 1410-1419, 14/F., Shatin Galleria, 18-24 Shan Mei Street, Fotan, N.T., Hong Kong.
• You have the right to ascertain whether THL hold data pertaining to them, and/or to obtain a copy of such data. A small fee may be charged towards administrative expenses in complying with ‘Request for copy of personal data” requisition.
• If you are not willing to receive promotion materials / privilege offer from us, you can use any one response channels mentioned above to contact us. Please state “Request for stop receiving promotion materials” with your contact number if your request is by written to us.
From time to time Toshiba may revise the Personal Data Protection Policy to better protect customers' personal data and to comply with changes in the applicable laws and regulations.